I've added some of my favourite tried and tested places below. If you have others you'd like to recommend please do add them in the comments below. It's helpful if you can say where your favourite places are and what makes them so good.
Top of the list has to be the Friday Showstopper created by Brenda every week at the Dales Bike Centre near Reeth. Her creations are incredibly imaginative. The picture features her 'Triple layer bramble hedgerow gin flavoured sponge cake with Yorkshire rhubarb & gin preserve and a lime mascarpone cream topped with blackberry & passion fruit macaroons, thyme & lime zest!'
Some other great places to try:
- Three Hares Café in Sedbergh has a strong local reputation for its great fresh bread, cakes and snacks
- Humble Pie in Askrigg is highly recommended, particularly for my favourite - the huge portion of lemon meringue pies
- Settle's Folly Coffee House in the town's historic 17th century house and Museum has a sumptuous array of freshly made cakes every day.
- Bernies Café Bar in Ingleton is very popular - serving amazing scones with cream,
- Enjoy the scenic walk from Clapham to Austwick, finishing with afternoon tea at the Austwick Traddock
- Climb England's newest mountain, Calf Top, before descending and enjoying home made cake and a pot of tea at The Churchmouse at Barbon
- After you've climbed the hill to see the remarkable Coldstone Cut sculpture and incredible views, reward yourself with a treat from Toft Gate Barn Cafe - they have a delicious range of cakes
- The Old School Room in Hebden serves delicious cakes in a beautiful setting and you might meet their pygmy goats and rare breed hens
- The Town End Farm Shop at Airton by Malham is a great place to buy local food, as well as to enjoy excellent cakes, coffee and meals
- Enjoy a walk down to the waterfalls before a meal or snack in the cafe at Berry’s Farm Shop at Swinithwaite