Richmond - discover more of the Yorkshire Dales with this free Richmond Treasure Map
No matter how well you think you know a place, there are always new aspects to discover. Use the treasure map to discover more of Richmond. Like all the best treasure maps, this one may hold a few mysteries. It’s not drawn to scale and some of the features might not be exactly where you’d expect. Look carefully to find everything!
This symbol on the map represents a place of interest: it could be anything beautiful, quirky, historic, or fun…
See below for our list of places to find.
How many of these can you discover?
- Richmond Castle and the story of the conscientious objectors
- Georgian Theatre Royal – enjoy a tour or a performance
- Part of the set from the 'James Herriot' TV series at Richmondshire Museum
- The Green Howards Regimental Museum & stories of war and peace
- Richmond Obelisk in the middle of the market place
- Showcase Gallery
- Lucy Pittaway
- Mackenzie Thorpe Arthaus Gallery
- Caroline Hudson
- Beautiful houses and Georgian architecture around Frenchgate & Newbiggin
- Castle Walk with its fine views, and the Swale waterfall
- Food producers, shops, gallery, cinema and exhibitions at Richmond Station
- Easby Abbey and the lovely walk there from Richmond Station
- Shops, galleries, pubs and cafes in & around the sloping cobbled market square