Malham - discover more of the Yorkshire Dales with this free Malham Treasure Map
No matter how well you think you know a place, there are always new aspects to discover. Use the treasure map to discover more of Malham. Like all the best treasure maps, this one may hold a few mysteries. It’s not drawn to scale and some of the features might not be exactly where you’d expect. Look carefully to find everything!
This symbol on the map represents a place of interest: it could be anything beautiful, quirky, historic, or fun…
See below for our list of places to find.
How many of these can you discover?
- Yorkshire Dales National Park Centre
- Natural limestone amphitheatre of Malham Cove
- Wildflowers growing between the clints and grikes on the limestone pavements
- Malham Tarn, England’s highest freshwater lake
- Gordale Scar
- Janet’s Foss
- Secret Garden Bistro at Beck Hall by the beck
- Great cafes and pubs scattered throughout the village
- Huge animal footprints by the beck along the Woodland Walk
- Penfold by the Youth Hostel
- Town Head Barn with a small exhibition about field barns and farming in the Dales
- Fords and small bridges criss-crossing the beck – how many?
- Annabelle Bradley, the Blacksmith at Malham Smithy
- Look just outside Malham to spot old drover’s lanes & traditional Dales field system
- Town End Farm Shop for local produce and Yorkshire-made gifts
- Spot the Belties (Belted Galloways) and Highland Cattle on the moors
- Peregrine Falcons from mid May to July at Malham Cove
- Discover the stocks and fishes at St. Michael the Archangel in Kirkby Malham