In the meantime, Grassington and the neighbouring village of Linton have plenty to offer.
Why not download and use our free treasure map to discover more of both Linton and Grassington.
Like all the best treasure maps, this one may hold a few mysteries.
It’s not drawn to scale and some of the features might not be exactly where you’d expect. Look carefully to find everything!
How many of these can you discover?
- Grassington National Park Centre
- Grassington Folk Museum
- Sign commemorating the time when nothing happened!
- Welcome to Grassington sculpture featuring sheep & lead-mining history
- Ledge above a cottage door with lots of horseshoes – how many can you count?
- Excellent cafes, pubs and restaurants
- Linton Falls
- Obelisk commemorating Linton’s title as ‘loveliest village in the north of England’
- 3 bridges across the beck at Linton
- Stepping stones across the River Wharfe on the Linton Falls walk, leading to Linton Church
- Linton Cottages – the Almshouses
- Sign featuring a request from the Holiday Fellowship
- Delightful 12th Century church of St. Michael's & All Angels set on a bluff above the River Wharfe