If you're the same, you might enjoy using some of the Dales Treasure Maps I've created.
The maps list some special features to discover, and show the rough locations of some key 'finds' but don't say exactly what or where each one is, leaving visitors to seek out each one.
Download the Masham Treasure Map and you'll be able to find:
- the place where lots of Viking Bones were found
- a glassblower's studio
- a saxon cross, around 1200 years old
- acorn by the school – one of the Masham Leaves sculptures
- wishing tree on the river walk – you might also spot otters & kingfishers
- 10 small swift sculptures sited in & around the Market Place
- two breweries: Black Sheep & Theakstons Brewery
- St. Mary’s Church, one of the most beautiful in the Dales
- Spirit of Masham distillery where you can make your own gin (pre-book)
- Galleries: Masham Gallery, Nolon Stacey Gallery, Blue Light Gallery
- pubs, cafes and restaurant.
Nearby is the strange Stonehenge-like structure of Druid’s Temple and the wonderful woods at Hackfall, complete with follies, DIY fountain and many paths and hidden corners.
Download the Masham Treasure Map here.