Many think they know it well, yet it's worth spending a little longer, wandering around to spot some features many miss.
Have you spotted the giant footprints by the beck along the woodland walk? or found the Penfold? Counted how many times you can criss-cross the river by various means?
Download a free Malham Treasure Map to help you find all these:
- Yorkshire Dales National Park Centre
- Natural limestone amphitheatre of Malham Cove
- Wildflowers growing between the clints and grikes on the limestone pavements
- Malham Tarn, England’s highest freshwater lake.
- Gordale Scar
- Janet’s Foss
- Secret Garden Bistro at Beck Hall by the beck
- Great cafes and pubs scattered through-out the village
- Huge animal footprints by the beck along the Woodland Walk
- Penfold by the Youth Hostel
- Town Head Barn with a small exhibition about field barns and farming in the Dales
- Fords and small bridges criss-crossing the beck – how many?
- Annabelle Bradley, the Blacksmith at Malham Smithy
- Look just outside Malham to spot old drover’s lanes & traditional Dales field systems